Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valleys of Sorrow.

Since my last post I have been through what I can safely say is the most hellish bout of depression I have ever had. My whole life seemed close to crumbling. I got pretty close to ruining it in some major ways. I don't want to go into details here, but just rest assured, almost every facet of my life was touched.

I finally went to my doctor, and switched meds. Life is so much better. I won't say it all had to do with the meds. I worked hard to get out of that horrible valley. I agonized and prayed and talked and did what needed to be done. But the meds have unfogged my head. I feel hope. I feel life might bring happy things.

I would never wish that kind of anguish on anyone. I know I am not alone in feeling deep anguish. And I know that depression is not the only thing to bring it. I dread the day I lose a parent or other close loved one to death. I have seen the anguish of close friends over horrible circumstances in their lives. The only thing I can hope is that my faith will see me through, and that God will bring me comfort. Through all that anguish, I know He was there, loving me. I still don't understand why He wouldn't lift it from my shoulders when I first asked. But I do believe it was Him that lifted it. I think I've probably taken some deep lessons away that will aid me in the future. I know it deepened my empathy. I pray I never feel so wretched again.

No comments:

Post a Comment