Friday, February 15, 2013

Love is Stupid.

So, kind of been seeing this guy. I say kind of, because he's not really doing a very good job of courting me. We talk most days. Today, he could have seen me. It's Valentine's Day. And, you know, whatever, it's a commercial holiday pretty much centered around spending money to show love. But, would have liked a little valentine. Something sentimental. I'm a sucker for genuine sentiment. Called him at the end of my work day. He's hanging out with a "buddy." Again, whatever. But at the same time, I want sentiment, dang it! 

I'm sure I probably set myself up for this. I choose to accept relationships like this, instead of expecting something different. But the something different doesn't seem to be out there for me. And it's not that he never shows sentiment. I just wish I could have that "normal" boyfriend experience. I want him to have moments where he's so excited to make me smile he forgets about him. Just moments. Because that's how I want to be for him. Ugh. Love is stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment