Monday, August 13, 2012

Changing as You Grow Older

I have known women who have said that they have grown more emotional with motherhood. I'm beginning to think that maybe part of it is just being a woman. Period. And having hormones. And having them change, even slightly.

I hate crying. I hate crying in front of people. And yet, I am now known as a weeper at work. This is not a good thing. This is not respected, tolerated, or looked upon as okay in my current work culture. Plus, I don't like crying in front of people and showing that weakness.

Why does my body feel the urge to showcase those emotions? Why can't I just be all unapproachable, or something more respected. Grr. Must figure out how to stop crying. I think it might start with not caring. I need to care less. That sounds like work.

No comments:

Post a Comment