Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Point of Me?

The good news is I am feeling better than last week. I've found a place of semi-calm. I still am not sure of... well, of anything. I don't know what I'm doing or who I'm trying to be right anymore. I seem to have no vision for myself. I do my best at work, but I seem to be going nowhere and no one seems to see me going anywhere. That's not to say that I don't do a good job, or that my boss is not happy with me. I just  think she doesn't see me as ever being anything more than what I am now. And I'm not sure she really sees all of what I am now. It's hard to go into detail about how I'm feeling on this one without going into detail of what my job is and the why's and the how's, but that's not something I want to do on this blog. I think I bought all the things adults would tell me as a teenager and young adult about how talented and good I was, and how I had a bright future. And now people have stopped saying that. And my friends and my coworkers are continuously telling me ways I could be doing better, and how I'm selling myself short when I actually thought I was trying pretty darn  hard. So if you are working hard and getting things done and no one sees those things, does that maybe just mean that you're only mediocre in talent, and that's why they aren't seeing it? I know what I would say to someone who says things like this. But this is how I am feeling, and what I am thinking, and this blog is a place where I can be honest about the ugly, self-loathing thoughts I have. That way, maybe if I let them out and let them breathe and take a look at them, they will look silly. That's the hope. Right now I just feel like they might be true. Maybe I will never be anything more than I am in my career because I don't have that remarkable something. My boss doesn't seem to see it in me. My coworker that I swear used to see it in me, doesn't seem to anymore. So I ask again, what is the point of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment